
I had a blog-friend bring up an excellent point earlier today...we have to treat ourselves like the 130 pound skinny woman that we'd like to be, in order to find "her"! She's in there somewhere, we just have to peel back the layers to find her! I always talk about how I'd love to lose the weight, and imagining a skinnier me is always a motivator, but I'm like most Americans in the fact that I must have instant gratification!! I have decided to lay out a list of rewards for myself, with a reward for each five-pound milestone that I've reached (including my first one already). While it may seem excessive to reward myself for every five pounds, bear in mind that I'm losing at the rate of about a pound a week, so each reward is monthly and some rewards are more significant than others. I'm going to also keep this list on the left-hand side of my blog to remind myself. One fact I'd like to point out...I am NOT making any of these rewards food related! While I'm not judging anyone that does (and trust me, I'm the first one to want to have a celebratory pig-out party once I've dropped a few pounds) I am trying to break that vicious cycle of linking food with my emotions. I can be proud of myself and I can celebrate WITHOUT chocolate cake!!
Alrighty, so here are my rewards:
5 pounds: 5 new i-tunes songs
10 pounds: A couple of pairs of nice earrings (maybe from New York and Co.)
15 pounds: A new movie, complete with a face mask, hair mask, etc. I will enjoy an evening or afternoon of pampering myself.
20 pounds: Cashing in one of my nail salon gift certificates.
25 pounds: A new pair of jeans...by this point, I'm going to be in that awkward in-between stage. American Eagle is my favorite place to go for jeans. It will be nice not to have to barely squeeze into their largest size for once.
30 pounds: A professional massage.
35 pounds: Cashing in my other nail salon gift certificate.
40 pounds: A nice, new pair of work out shoes (and by this point, I'll probably need a new pair or two of work-out pants to go along with them)!
45 pounds: Some new Victoria's Secret Pink Undies! I love their line of undies....they are so soft and stretchy and comfortable. The ones I'm wearing right now are about stretched out to the max...you know you've gained weight when even your undies and pjs are fitting very tightly!
50 pounds: Buying a whole lot of new clothes (I'm going to set aside some money for this and I'm going to take an entire day to shop for them). Also, to make up for an entire marriage of hardly any photos, Brad and I are going to get professional photos taken of us! I have a friend from college who is a school teacher, turned mommy, turned photographer and I love her style...it's very vintage and chic all at the same time. As I get closer to my goal, I plan to contact her to set a date in stone...we'll also have to travel to the Myrtle Beach area, which will be just another part of the festivities! These are some of my favorite pictures from her...check them out:
Okay, so just writing this makes me extremely pumped! Does anyone else have something that they are working towards?!






My first goal is to be able to wear my wedding ring again. My second goal is to be able to wear my engagement ring. You should see the looks this ring-less mommy gets when she's out and about with 5 rainbow-colored kids! :) In other news, James and I joined the gym yesterday. He set his alarm to go at 5, come home, then I was going at 6. Except that at 4:30 the girls and Matthew all woke up. So we couldn't go... sigh. I really wanted to. Hopefully tomorrow... love ya!
ReplyDeleteI thinking rewarding yourself is a great idea!!
ReplyDeleteI plan on getting myself contacts @ halfway. Also, a couple of my "wake-up" items of clothing I never took back when I didn't fit in them. Flower boxes, itunes, I haven't thought of that many more. Great idea!
ReplyDeleteat 20lbs I'm treating myself to a daytime ball game in the very cheap seats; at 40lbs I'm treating myself to daytime ball game in the mid priced seats; and at my goal loss 63 lbs I'm treating myself to the seats next to the field (hopefully the green seats behind home plate but that depends on cost and stubhub). There's nothing like skipping work (and not to run to an appointment) to enjoy some sun and comradere (sp?) of other sports fans watching my favorite baseball team!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great idea! I love the idea of goals and rewards. I think I am going to borrow this idea and post MY list of rewards.
ReplyDelete