Friday, January 29, 2010

???!!!???!!!

This isn't going to be a long/in-depth post because I'm on my lunch break and pressed for time, BUT.... I'm down 2.2 pounds from last Friday's weigh in!! This is a GREAT thing, but I'm geniunely confused why. My work-outs have been craptastic (that's my new favorite word for crappy), and they have also been far and few between this week--I only went to the gym twice this week. Not only that, but while I've been faithful to my diet, this week has probably not been my best week in comparison to some other weeks. Just yesterday I had lasagna for lunch and a slice of birthday cake with a little scoop of icecream. I don't get it!! I worked my @## off every week and barely budged and this week I'm slack and I drop over two pounds. But I'll take it! I guess my efforts are finally starting to matriculate...that's the only thing I can think of. Weight loss is a confusing subject...

5 comments:

  1. Are you doing a low calorie diet?? Maybe your calories are too low coupled with the exercise. The starvation mode people talk about caused your body to store the fat last week??? I'm just making a guess (with no experience or education to back it). 2.2lbs is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally stealing that word...craptastic!! So funny.

    Congrats on the 2 lbs. I've lost weight before eating what I pleased just less of it. Maybe you thought you did worse than you actually did. The thing is throwing in some high caloried days mixed with stricter days actually keeps your body guessing. Hence, you burn more :)

    So..pass me some of that cake and lasagne please!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes my body anticipates me. When I do something totally unexpected (like sticking to a diet but not working out) I get a gimme because I caught it off guard.

    So now, I'm off to watch Hulu and see if I can scientifically replicate your success!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some people swear by zig-zag dieting (google it!).

    Maybe you tricked your body into losing weight?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julie...I too do not always understand how the body works; however, NEVER argue with weight loss...only weight gain :) Love you hott momma!

    ReplyDelete