
I was very excited to see that I now have 20 followers when I logged in a moment ago! It is a huge encouragement to know that my writing is actually interesting enough for a complete stranger to want to read it! I also apologize that it has been close to a week since I've written. Once I near the weekend, it is a whirlwind blur! I don't know about ya'll, but I have been telling myself "Oh, once the holidays are over with, things will slow down!" but they have yet to do that!
I weighed myself in on Friday, and I only lost .8 of a pound. It's close enough, that I'll consider it a whole pound. I was thrilled just over that! First and foremost, I was riding the crimson wave when I weighed myself on Friday (and it was a tidal wave, if you follow my drift, haha)! Second of all, since the whole ordeal with the stove blowing up, I've had to grab fast food. Overall, I've done well...I did do pizza on Friday night, but we were having others over, so that was a matter of convenience. Other than that, I've made fairly decent choices considering the circumstances. My husband has been a great sport the past few weeks. I know Subway, Panera Bread, and places of those genres are not his favorite, but he understands how much this means to me. But the good news is: the stove can be fixed! Brad's dad is really good with electronics and appliances and he came over Friday night to diagnose the problem, and all we have to do is replace an eye that blew out. So, with $80, the Whirlpool is as good as new! So, after some grocery shopping this evening, it will be back to healthier meals!
And I need to do that, because I absolutely BLEW it Saturday night! We went to a dinner party and while I had less than the old Julie would have , I still consumed more than the new Julie. When I arrived, everyone started exclaiming about how my face was thinner and my jeans were looser (I noticed the jeans being looser, but I'm not too sure about my face)! I don't know about ya'll, but when people start lavishing me with compliments, I can get kind of cocky and so my diet went out the window that evening. However, one thing I've been learning through this whole process is not to allow one night of excess determine the rest of my weekend. Sunday, I was right back on the wagon. I told myself I was going to work out yesterday, but that was my first day off in over two weeks, and I literally slept the entire day away. I was utterly and totally exhausted. My work schedule is slowing down a little bit after this month, and I have every intention of hitting up the gym more often, once I'm able to have more time to unwind! I hope everyone had a great weekend, and if ya'll also pigged out on Saturday night (or even all weekend), remember, this week is a brand new week! Let's make it count!!






Congrats on having your whirlpool back! It must be nice.
ReplyDeleteGetting cocky? I can relate. NO, not lately, but I've done it before. Nobody's noticed yet. Except for hubbend. He doesn't count. I'm glad you're back on the wagon!
I do love reading your blog! Yes, I did stray from my diet this weekend as well....at least we are not as bad as our old selves ;) This week will be great!
ReplyDeleteJulie...you must have been a fly on the stinkin wall when I wore out a calzone and a piece of carrot cake :) Anyways...thanks for your encouraging post!! Hope to see you tonight at the gym. If not tonight...tomorrow night!
ReplyDeleteYeah..glad your stove is a simple fix..
ReplyDelete.8 is a loss...so good for you:)