Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Happy Hump Day!




“Count your blessings. Once you realize how valuable you are and how much you have going for you, the smiles will return, the sun will break out, the music will play, and you will finally be able to move forward the life that God intended for you with grace, strength, courage, and confidence.”


This has been an "off" week for me, concerning the workout department. It's already Wednesday (aka Hump Day) and I have YET to go to the gym or work out! I have allowed every set-back under the sun to inhibit my gym activity! Monday, I couldn't seem to drag my butt out of bed at 6am to get to the gym. Tuesday, I work out in the evenings, but I was held up at work for almost an hour (making my work day at the animal hospital an almost 12 hour day), then I got home to realize I left the door unlocked all day, and of course my paranoid self waited for my husband to get home before I would go inside. By that point it was getting late and neither one of us wanted to eat at 9:00. My skin was itchy and irritated yesterday, so I took 2 benadryl before going to bed and was knocked out cold, and causing me to miss my morning workout and barely make it to my 11:00 hair-cut appointment. All of these seem like perfectly logical reasons for NOT working out, but they are still excuses! I have to stop making excuses for myself and just DO it! So, normally I don't workout Wednesday nights, but I'm going to tonight. Even though it's humpday, I'm going to make the rest of the week count. I'm still eating well, though, so that is one thing to be proud of. It's so easy to get caught-up with the day-to-day setbacks and frustrations, and yesterday was certainly one of those days!



However, I need to realize just how good I have it! Watching the news, especially all of the problems in Haiti, is one way to get my self-perspective into check. Here I am grumbling about working a 12 hour day, when some have no work. I'm too lazy to get out of bed at 6am when some have no bed in which to cuddle. I have the luxury of getting to take benadryl, when some have no medicine. I get my hair cut/styled every 6-8 weeks when some have never had a professional haircut in their life. When I see things from this angle, I really shouldn't whine and complain. My life is not so difficult and demanding that I can't make it to the gym 4-5 days a week, you know??



Also, even though this isn't "weight-loss" related, if you want to help out with the Haiti relief effort, a friend of mine wrote a very helpful blog breaking down some ways you can assist, even if you don't have a whole lot of money to give. Go check it out: http://thehalberthome.blogspot.com/2010/01/help-in-haiti.html



Yikes...I didn't intend for this blog to have such a serious tone, but usually my writing just kind of "evolves" like that!! I hope everyone has a wonderful day, and remember to count your blessings!! :D

4 comments:

  1. I use all those reasons to eat junk. I do pretty well with the gym side of things....but the food. I seriously think I should lock the pantry or something!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for helping make a difference Julie! I probably wouldn't have gone in the house either. I hope you week starts getting better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Lisa. Maybe I should lock all the cupboards. Especially the one with sugar in it.

    You had a tough day. Just keep truckin. You'll get there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie,
    I better see you in the gym tonight.

    ReplyDelete