Obesity is a mental state, a disease brought on by boredom and disappointment. ~Cyril Connolly, The Unquiet GraveThis morning I went to church (which was a feat since it was insanely hard to drag my butt out of bed, with it being dreary and rainy, coupled with the fact that I took a benadryl before bed last night). All in all, though, I was glad I went. I had a good handful of some of the ladies I know approach me before/after the service telling me that they have been following my blog and that they really identified with what I've been saying. I was pleasantly surprised and flattered all at the same time, and this just motivates me even more to stick with it. When I first started blogging, I was afraid that I would feel pressured to stick with it--kind of the whole intent--but on the contrary, this experience has been totally liberating. By opening up, I've found freedom and I've gained some wonderful ideas from some friends. One church friend in particular shared a website with me, that she has been using, so when I got home from church and Moe's, I decided to check it out.
http://www.e-mealz.com/, Where have you been all my life??!! I am SO glad Lisa recommended this site to me, and after checking it out, I promptly enrolled, and I'd like to share it with all of ya'll. This website provides a weekly meal plan for you, as well as a grocery list to go along with those meals. I don't know about ya'll, but it is SO easy to get stuck in a cooking rut, especially if you are trying to eat healthier. And when I read some of those recipes in those healthy cook-books, the recipes sound either: 1. unappetizing/leave-you-hungry or 2. call for all kinds of crazy exotic ingredients and multiple steps. Give me a can of cream-of-something soup, some meat, have me pop it in the oven for an hour, and that is MY style of cooking right there!!
At any rate, this website has a plethora of meal plans you can chose from. First of all, you chose the quantity of food you want to prepare (I believe there is a cooking for 2 option, and a cooking for a family of 4-7 option). Then, you choose what lifestyle you want those meals to adhere to (low-fat, low-carb, the Weight-Watchers points system, and there's one option for those who aren't dieting). Then you choose what store you'd like to shop from (the recipe is based on that store's sale prices for the week, making it more budget friendly), or you can choose an "any store" option. I chose the Weight-Watchers recipes, any store, for a family of 4-7. I don't have children, but I do have a husband who eats enough for three people (and still manages to have the body of a Greek God...that little bugar, ugh)! I chose the any store option, because I like to go to Aldi, and a lot of times that comes out a bit cheaper than the sales prices at other stores. The subscription is a mere $1.25 a week, with the website debiting your bank account $15.00 every three months.
I'm very stoked about this website and I think it's going to make life a LOT easier in certain ways:
1. I won't get stuck in a cooking rut, which often causes me to stray from the straight-and-narrow.
2. The recipes call for ordinary ingredients, and the meals are simple and satisfying. Most of these I think will appease my husband, who tends to be a bit on the picky side.
3. A grocery list is created for you, as well.
4. Best of all, the Weight Watchers meal plan provides how many points per serving there are, taking the guesswork out of cooking!!
There are sample recipes on the website, so I encourage all of you to go on there and check it out! You'll be glad you did!!
http://www.e-mealz.com/, Where have you been all my life??!! I am SO glad Lisa recommended this site to me, and after checking it out, I promptly enrolled, and I'd like to share it with all of ya'll. This website provides a weekly meal plan for you, as well as a grocery list to go along with those meals. I don't know about ya'll, but it is SO easy to get stuck in a cooking rut, especially if you are trying to eat healthier. And when I read some of those recipes in those healthy cook-books, the recipes sound either: 1. unappetizing/leave-you-hungry or 2. call for all kinds of crazy exotic ingredients and multiple steps. Give me a can of cream-of-something soup, some meat, have me pop it in the oven for an hour, and that is MY style of cooking right there!!
At any rate, this website has a plethora of meal plans you can chose from. First of all, you chose the quantity of food you want to prepare (I believe there is a cooking for 2 option, and a cooking for a family of 4-7 option). Then, you choose what lifestyle you want those meals to adhere to (low-fat, low-carb, the Weight-Watchers points system, and there's one option for those who aren't dieting). Then you choose what store you'd like to shop from (the recipe is based on that store's sale prices for the week, making it more budget friendly), or you can choose an "any store" option. I chose the Weight-Watchers recipes, any store, for a family of 4-7. I don't have children, but I do have a husband who eats enough for three people (and still manages to have the body of a Greek God...that little bugar, ugh)! I chose the any store option, because I like to go to Aldi, and a lot of times that comes out a bit cheaper than the sales prices at other stores. The subscription is a mere $1.25 a week, with the website debiting your bank account $15.00 every three months.
I'm very stoked about this website and I think it's going to make life a LOT easier in certain ways:
1. I won't get stuck in a cooking rut, which often causes me to stray from the straight-and-narrow.
2. The recipes call for ordinary ingredients, and the meals are simple and satisfying. Most of these I think will appease my husband, who tends to be a bit on the picky side.
3. A grocery list is created for you, as well.
4. Best of all, the Weight Watchers meal plan provides how many points per serving there are, taking the guesswork out of cooking!!
There are sample recipes on the website, so I encourage all of you to go on there and check it out! You'll be glad you did!!






I don't know why your website messed up on my page but my blog quit recognizing the updates....then when I clicked on your page, it said your blog didn't exist, so I had to completely remove your blog and then add it back.
ReplyDeleteI know you've been holding your breath to find this out, lol.
Your style of cooking sounds like MY style of cooking:) I'll check that site out that you recommended.
I'm glad you made it to church this morning...you need spiritual food!
Have a great dieting week!
Wow. That site is amazing....what a great concept. I love that someone else is doing all the prep work. :):) And, you're right. The recipes are NORMAL....no fuddy duddy stuff. I'm signing up!
ReplyDelete