This past Saturday, I discussed my failures and my plan of action for redirecting some of my negative behaviors. I listed some goals for February, and I thought I'd assess myself after one week, and post this for accountability.
1. NO eating out until March. So far, so good. I had arranged a lunch date with my friend Candie several weeks ago, so I knew that would be the only exception. Other than that, Brad and I have cooked meals at home, and I've gone home each day for my lunch break to eat.
2. I will workout at least 5 days per week. Tee hee hee. I have made it to the gym once this week! It's been difficult to make it because of overtime, having a cold, and other things. Whenever I answer the phone at work it sounds a little something like this, "Dorth Greenbill Adibul Ospidul." (It's supposed to sound like North Greenville Animal Hospital). For what it's worth, though, I busted my booty in Zumba Tuesday night.
3. I will continue to write down EVERYTHING that goes into my mouth. I'll give myself an A+ for that goal. I have recorded very single day. Wednesday's lunch date was hard to determine, because I didn't know the exact points value of what I was eating, but I gave a generous guesstimate towards my meal. I tapped into allowance points a tad, but not by much.
4. I'm quitting my second part-time job. What a relief that was! As much as I like the good old Pier 1, it will be nice to have the extra time to pursue my exercising, house cleaning, errands, etc. As far as I know, this Monday was my last shift, but I'm going to call over the weekend just to make sure...I wouldn't want to be a "no show" on my last day.
5. I'm not going to step on the scale until March. I did cheat a bit on that. I knew that I was going to have to see my weight at the oh-so-dreaded obgyn appointment on Monday, so I figured I'd brace myself for whatever their scale said. My scale said I was down another 3 pounds! (I did skip my Friday weigh-in last week).
6. I'm going to drink at least 6 glasses of water a day!! I have increased my water intake, but it is still lacking in what it needs to be. I just hate having to flipping pee all the time!
7. I'm going to commit to logging on here every day for at least 30 minutes. I have stuck with this goal. I've realized that it takes me more than 30 minutes to read and comment on your blogs, but it's so much easier to have a designated time to catch up with everyone, rather than sporadically logging in.
Well, that's about it! Overall, not a bad week...and I'm beginning to realize that there are other ways to measure our progress instead of only focusing on the scale. Happy Friday, ya'll!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






Great job Julie! You are 5/7. I think. You are really getting things under control I hate the ob/gyn. But, you could ask yours about kegels. :P You know. For that peeing thing. Might help. Mwah hahaha!
ReplyDeleteNo seriously. Great work!
Julie... I am very proud of you. Sounds like
ReplyDeleteyou are doing very well. Now I just gotta get you in the gym with me!
Great job on sticking to the goals and the 3lbs!
ReplyDeleteHi, I like your blog a lot. It's very well written. Hope you don't mind if I follow along as I am in a similar situation :)
ReplyDeleteI'm guilty of paying too much attention to the scale as well...Its hard not to take a peek sometimes
I can't seem to drink enough water either! I'm sort of picky. I can't seem to drink tapwater and I need it to be really cold to drink it.
Also I never seem to be home and I hate spending a ton of money on it when I am out. How can people charge like 2.00 for a bottle of water!?
Wow! I'm so impressed! And not just at the fact that you met so many of your goals! I'm impressed that you actually made such smart goals.
ReplyDeleteI know. I really suck at this diet thing, lol.
I'm so behind in reading everyone's blog, but I wanted to let you know that I'm thinking about you!