Friday, February 5, 2010

Friday Weigh In: You Reap What You Sow :(

Friday...a day that is met with anticipation for the weekend and anxiety because of the weigh-in. Usually it's a giddy type of anxiety, but today it was a dreaded one because I knew that I would probably not have a loss...possibly even a gain. I stepped on the scale and it read "167" pounds. I drank my coffee, which always results in a morning poop (tmi, I know I know, but I'm just being honest) and I weighed myself afterwards. The scale then read 166.6. I know it sounds silly, but I always go by the weight that is after the morning dump. Anyways, before you decide to NOT read any further, I promise no more details about my bowel movements, haha! Now, ya'll can try and make me feel better by talking about gaining muscle, water retention, stress or that time of the month, but I can assure you it's none of those. In order to hold myself accountable, I'm going to share what caused my setback. Bear in mind, that my points restart themselves on Friday, after I weigh in.

1. Last Friday night, when the snow was falling down like crazy, I thought it'd be a great night for Chinese. I'm talking fried rice, egg rolls, sweet and sour chicken dipped in that sauce. I didn't even count my points. Which was WRONG...the only days I think points should not "count" are major holidays and your birthday.

2. Saturday and Sunday's cabin fever resulted in some poor food choices, using up a lot of my allowance points in addition to daily points.

3. This week I had dinner plans just about every single night. We only ate in one night this week. I also had lunch plans one of those days as well. So there was a lot of eating out, and as noted in my Olive Garden post, even the "healthy" options at restaurants aren't the greatest. (Btw, Michelle, the minestrone soup is only 100 calories, high in fiber, low in fat...1 point on the WW plan).

4. I had Cracker Barrel last night and when I bite into a buttermilk biscuit "a sort of frenzy takes over". (Does that ring a bell, Twilight fans)?? Once again, I didn't bother counting points because I knew today I'd be starting over.

5. My workout regimen has been nonexistent. I went to the gym ONCE this week, and ran for 30 minutes. Pitiful. I had plans every night this week, but one, and I lack the willpower to drag my butt out of bed at 5:00 am.

So there you have it! This week WILL be better...sometimes it takes a setback to make you reassess your motivation and goals. I know a .6 gain may not seem like much, but I see it like this...I had the opportunity to lose 1-2 pounds this week, so in my mind it's as if I gained 1.5-2.5 pounds, you know?? But I digress...next week WILL be better!!!!

4 comments:

  1. It happens. With Cracker Barrel in the good ol' USA it's a miracle any of us lose anything!!! I LOVE that place....

    Good luck to next week.

    BTW...yes...always weigh after your morning ritual :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, the morning ritural must be universal...nothing like a cup of coffee to get things going! I like your way of doing the math. Hope this week goes better for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey girl, do you have any DVD's that you could do on nights when it is too late to hit the gym? That is a life saver for me. Even if you just do Pilates or something low cardio (so you can sleep better after). Just remember this, (I read it in a book and LOVE IT) "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels". It's true, just remember how good it felt to be skinny :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It says I'm following your blog, but your posts aren't coming up in my reader! Eep. Not sure why that is.
    You're doing great! We all slip, great attitude on pressing on though.

    ReplyDelete