Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A Milestone!


I get a kick out of life's small victories and today was certainly a victorious one. No, I didn't step on the scale today, but this felt just as wonderful as seeing a pound or two less on the scale. As ya'll know, I've been stepping up my workout regimen, and last week I worked out every single day, Monday through Saturday. Right as we were about to close, a client came in to by a huge bag of prescription dog food. In times past, I've always struggled with getting the cumbersome bags out of the closet, and half-carrying/half-sliding them to their destination. Not only do the bags of dog food feel like lead, but it can be difficult to wrap my arms around them, adding to the challenge. Well, today without even thinking I grabbed a 40 pound bag of food and effortlessly carried it to our client. It wasn't until she exclaimed, "Wow! I wish I had your strength!" until I realized what I had accomplished. At this point a co-worker had walked up to the front counter area, and saw me lifting the bag with far less trepidation that I used to require. I could tell she had a pleasantly surprised expression on her face. As cheesy and Rocky Balboa-ish as it may seem, I lifted the bag above my head and raised and lowered it several times, just to demonstrate how far I've come in such a short little time. Just 2 months ago, I remember backing my car up to the front door of our building and barely being able to manage to carry a bag of the same size out to my car...here I was today lifting this bag as if it were a 2-liter drink, rather than a massive bag of dog food. So while it may be a small milestone, if feels every bit as victorious as losing a pound or two for the week!


Who's had some "small" victories recently??

7 comments:

  1. Good for you! Great NSV!! You have to be super proud of yourself!

    For me, this week, I started a new exercise routine and am sticking to it......and for me, thats big! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie,
    I am very proud of you! Good for you! I have to tell you, it's this week that I have decided to look for the small victories. Thus far, I have only be looking for the large ones. Needless to say I am, more often than not, bummed. So...here's to looking for the small victories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a really great victory for you. It means that you are getting strong. Think of all of the other things that you are probably capable of doing now that you may not have been able to handle in the past.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome..Way to Go...and Such a wonderful and uplifting feeling to hold with you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay Julie! So strong!

    Um, I prioritized correctly and cleaned the house instead of blogging? silly, but important to me.

    ReplyDelete