Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Skinny(er) Jeans

Once again, I have allowed far too much time to elapse without writing a blog or reading and encouraging others. I am a fair weather blogger friend, lol. Seriously though, when I blog, I don't like to slap something together last minute. I like to let my thoughts simmer for a little while and really put conviction and feeling into what I'm writing. I don't ever want this to feel like an obligation, or for this to become mundane and sound like a broken record (my sis did give me the idea for the skinny jeans topic...thanks)! However, to be inspired to write, I also have to posess a decent amount of time to write, revise, revise again, find a photo, publish, find a mistake, revise, revise, etc. I also like to have the opportunity of reading everyone's blog and leaving a comment. One thing I did today was weed out some subscriptions of blogs that have hundreds of followers and whose author's aren't even aware that I'm following. That's not to say that I don't find their writing interesting, but for me this is a community where we support one another and if I'm going to take my time to read a blog, it's going to be the blog of someone who has invested some TLC into my journey as well. It's all about camaraderie, folks. So now to save face, and not sound like a big, fat hypocrite, I'll be catching up with all of you after I post this, haha.

Great news...while I am not as far along with my weight loss as I had hoped at the beginning of my journey in January, I am finally out of the stubborn 160's...for good! I'm not flirting with the 150's anymore, we are in a nice, solid relationship. I don't know how to explain it, but since October or November 2008, I have NOT been able to escape the 160's...I even exploded into the solid 170's when I hit my peak weight. I would lose a pound here or there, get down to 160 or 161, but I could never seem to break that barrier, and eventually I'd bounce right back up 5 or 10 pounds...it was a vicious cycle. I bit the bullet, kicked it into extreme gear for a couple weeks, and FINALLY hit 156. I can't tell you how good that feels! I know it's not all about the pounds, but it IS a reminder that I'm making some progress, and that I AM reversing the damage! Every time I weigh myself, it was always "the most I've ever weighed" at some point. It's kind of like having an old VHS tape of myself and clicking rewind. I'm hoping the 150's won't be as tenacious as the 160's were, because I've stayed at 156 for the past two weeks...but last week was an "off" week and a yesterday, Aunt Flo knocked on my door. So it'll be another week until Aunt Flo is gone until I truly see the results.

Another sign of progress is that I can wear a pair of jeans that I haven't been able to wear since late last summer. Even then, they were snug. Now, they are a perfect fit, and if anything, slightly loose. (I'll try to get Brad to take a progress picture of me wearing them tonight, and I'll post it ASAP). I'm in that in-between stage where my fat jeans are falling off (anybody remember teenage boys in the mid-1990's...I look like I'm trying to revive that trend). However, these skinnier jeans are dilapidated and pathetic. I don't care how worn out they are, and that the cuffs are ripped to shreds and non-existent due to my shortness, I feel like I'm wearing a brand new pair of Seven Jeans. You can't put a price tag on accomplishment. I don't have a whole lot of clothes, going in reverse, because once I hit the 140's, I clothes shopping completely lost it's appeal. Of course, I'm not going to buy much now, because this is just a transition period, but I did promise myself that when I reach the halfway point (150), that I will allow myself a pair of brand-new jeans.

So that is my update! Breaking a plateau, stalling for bit right now, breaking out the skinny(er) jeans, and trying to redeem myself since I've been a fair-weather blogger. I'm still having my "kick butt" weeks and my "I just want to be a couch potato" weeks and my "I just can't get a moment's rest" weeks, but everything is slowly starting to come full circle. I'm almost halfway there...no turning back now.

7 comments:

  1. You are totally awesome! Out of the 160s is a huge deal! That isn't even in my goal range. As tall as I am 170 is my goal weight and my 5 pound upperlimit maintenance weight of 175 is a healthy BMI.

    I know I know. That's for me over there. But GREAT work Julie. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm vertically challenged (I'm 5'1 and 3/4, and I count those 3/4), so if I'm over 135 I'm considered overweight, over 157 is obese...I'm not considered underweight until I'm under 105. So unfair, because 135 is emaciated on some and skinny on most, but those are the cards that I've been dealt! We have to make the most of what we got, right?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You go girl! I'm assuming your "off week" last week had somewhat to do with Corona's. Whoops...my bad. Sorry... I'm proud of you though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you're back in the blogging world. I was actually thinking about you today and wondering how the journey was going.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Randi--Don't worry...Corona's was just a tally mark on the long list of tally marks...haha...it also could include two red-headed boys, fast food with the two red-headed boys, movies, pop-corn and Cracker Barrel after the red-heads went home. :)

    Michelle--I'm glad to be back! Thanks for thinking of me!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations and welcome back!! I've missed reading your blog but totally understand about not being able to write in 10 seconds (and having to have time to read, reread, correct, etc)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well...I am so jealous that you are in the 150's!! If I could stop flirting with the 170's..I would totally be thrilled!! Now that I have started lifting again...getting on the scale has almost completely stopped!!!!

    ReplyDelete