Today, after walking around in a zombie-like state at work, and promptly collapsing on the couch for a nice snooze when I got home, I decided to head off to the gym. I sort of had that nervous first day back to school feeling again. It's been a month (at least) since I've been to the gym. I even braved wearing shorts, since my legs were nice and tan. As I was walking into the building I ran into my friend Matt, who I worked out with some. I also ran into Corletta (and her I-Pod touch, which she let me borrow, because I left mine at home). She was going to boot-camp...I refused, because I don't want to die. I can honestly say I tried bootcamp one time, and I puked. I literally puked.
For being out of the gym for a month, I rather surprised myself. I was still in pretty good shape and was able to run at a nice pace for about 40 minutes without getting too winded. I was really afraid that I had derailed a lot of my fitness progress by being out so long, but I surprised myself. By the end of this week, I'll probably be feeling confident enough to join up in a group fitness session again.
I need to work out, because I am most definitely in the 160's again. The low 160's, but still the 160's. It's like a curse that I can't seem to break. I enjoyed a brief moment of bliss in the high 150's, but it wasn't for long. I have nobody to blame but myself. This past weekend, I enjoyed the following:
*a large Frosty
*a large Ice-Dream (ice-cream was the only thing that was able to make my head feel better, and at that point I was DESPERATE)
*home-made cheese fries
*steak
*cake
*buck-eyes (chocolate covered peanut butter balls that are supposed to resemble a buck-eye..the official dessert of Ohio, of course)!
*a happy meal
Ugh. That makes me sick just reading it. The thing is, that used to be my normal day-to-day regimen. And there are three things that I cannot resist....ice-cream, chocolate, and peanut butter with chocolate (um, can anyone say "Moose Tracks Ice Cream")?! For a brief moment of insanity, I literally did not care. I was in so much pain, and food was my comfort. But Rome wasn't built in a day, and neither are wise, life-long habits. Yes, I had an awful, horrid weekend and a fair past two weeks, and I know I've gained a few pounds back, and my jeans aren't quite so baggy, but I'm NOT going to let that stop me. I've come TOO far. I'm kicking it back into high gear starting tomorrow. Not Monday. Tomorrow. That doesn't mean that I'm going to punish myself for the next few days by starving myself and working out like a beast, but it does mean that I'm going to value myself more than a plateful of junk.
My friend Corletta posted a few pictures of what her goal physique was, and so I thought I'd do the same to remotivate myself. Our goals are definitely different, but we both desire them, and I know we can both attain them. I prefer more of the slender, soft look with the kickin' curves (sort of a 1950's pinup girl figure). I'll post a picture of a couple of celebs that fit the bill of where I'd like to be (and get back to). Bear in mind these are NOT women that I necessarily look up to as role models, except at surface value. :)
Katy Perry

Bridget Marquardt

Scarlett Johannsen
Betty Grable







Julie...I love that the looks we are going for are so DIFFERENT! I love it....to be honest, it just made me laugh out loud! You know what? We will get there! I can't wait for that day! Hey...I also like the new pics of you on the side...yup..I noticed! I love you Julie! By the way...give me some days and dates that work for you for coffee! Skinny Vanilla Late (Venti) here I come!
ReplyDeleteLove the pics. All of them. And I wish I could be a bombshell pin-up. But, I just don't have the curves on top. On bottom...but that's okay because that's the way Hubbend likes it. :) TMI I know.
ReplyDeleteYou're going to get there lady!
I love all your new pics!! Congrats on getting back to the gym. I love chocolate and peanut butter...best food group on the planet. What? It's not it's own food group? Lol...
ReplyDeleteI like your picture choices and I hope you find inspirations (positive) from your choices. I'm not sure who I'd pick but Eva Longoria would probably be one of them even though she is much shorter than me!
ReplyDelete