Thursday, July 8, 2010

Habit a Week Challenge: Week Two


Week one I set a goal to reduce my facebook time. I can proudly say that I passed that with flying colors. The first day was murder...the urge to jump on the computer intermittently throughout the day was tough, but I did it. I've found that balance of logging on twice a day for about 20 minutes each time, and leaving it at that. I've carried that positive habit into this week, which has made my goal for this week a little easier.


For this week, I decided my goal would be to go to bed earlier, so I could achieve more sleep. (The above picture is me and my cousin Christina during one of our many late-night slumber parties...I'm the one with the Care Bears sleeping bag)! If I'm more rested, I have the energy to tackle the rest of my lofty goals. I certainly haven't perfected this goal, and I doubt I'll have this habit nailed in a week. I've been a night owl my entire life. Sunday night certainly wasn't the way to kick off the new week...it was July 4th, so you can bet I wasn't in bed until after midnight, but it made going to bed on the 5th that much easier because I was wiped out! (Unlike most of you readers, I had to be at work on Monday...gotta love working in the medical field).


Most evenings, I've gotten in the bed at 10:30, and I've fallen asleep around 11:00. This doesn't match up with my original goal of climbing in bed at 10:00 and falling asleep at 10:30, but it's a start. Usually I'll get to bed at 11 and asleep by 12. I have to say that falling asleep at the same time as my hubby has actually created more of a bond between us. Usually he goes to sleep about an hour before I do, but now we fall asleep together. My goal is that by this coming Sunday night, I'll be in bed by 10:00 and unconscious by 10:30. We shall see!


Thanks to those that listened to me vent on my last blog. It was difficult to bring a lot of my personal crap to the surface, but it was liberating at the same time. Its great to know that I'm not neurotic and a lot of you can relate. I can happily say that this week I have been eating real meals and not starving until dinner. I also have stopped taking the phen-phen, and I'm going to lose this weight with my own merit and hard work. I actually am doing a weight loss game with my best friend, Lauren...I'll spill more details about that in my next blog.


So, considering it's 10:09 by my watch...good night everyone!!

3 comments:

  1. I am such a night owl. Insomnia seems to run in the women in my family...not good for weight loss!!

    Get your zzzzz's girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. baby steps...everything is baby steps. I have a nasty habit of staying up too long during the week as well. We (hubby) is in bed AND asleep by 10. Not me; I've got to listen to the news, read a book, etc etc. But soon (next week) I will be following in your foot steps and going to bed earlier. I'm aiming for my lights out at 10 and gradually earlier until I am in bed by 930 AND asleep.

    Good luck and remember-baby steps. Nothing happens over night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Listen,
    I need to know what you and Lauren are doing. How fun!!! By the way...I better see you at the gym sometime this week!!!

    ReplyDelete